12.01.2008

The Arrival

So... the plane ride(s) were rather uneventful. (I suppose that is a good thing... but I suppose I prefer adventure). The plane was super shabby and didn't have television screens on the seatbacks, which is a major downfall(especially considering the fact that out flight from PDX to JFK was super nice). Having movies, satelite TV, and in-flight trivia at your fingertips certainly helps to pass the 22 hour flight, thats for sure!

So enough complaints. I have had an exceptional time after setting foot on african soil! So far I have gone to a pub and watched a Rugby game (extremely popular here), gone hiking on Table Mountain (stunning 360 views), watched a concert at the Kirstenbosch botanical gardens (wow. pictures to come) and am currently in Oudtshorn where I have gone to the Congo Caves and tomorrow am going to pet a baby bengal tiger, ride an ostrich and watch some meerkats (apparently its all about the animals tomorrow).

Postcards to be sent soon!

Pictures to be posted sometme mid-week!

1 comment:

Dena said...

Good to hear you got there safely! It'll be great to see your pics :)