So, I had a long discussion with everybody after dinner tonight about fruitcake (or Christmas Cake as it is called here). Apparently it is really delicious and coveted in South Africa and Kenya (so maybe throughout all of Africa, but I can only speak for those two countries). If you receive it as a present you must have been really good :) They went on and on about how to best make it, serve it, etc! I found the whole conversation funny!
And you can buy them anywhere!

So we decorated the fake tree a couple nights ago and here a a few photos from that... one was taken using my cameras color highlight setting, which highlighted only the red in the photo.

1 comment:
See, Mindy, I told you that was the right outfit. You look darling in it--AND it matches the fabrics on the ceiling!
I've heard from other relatives that luxury in Africa is affordable and incredibly...well, luxurious!
I imagine your barista background helped you bartend. Hmmm...maybe a new career for you!?
We are missing you, and you are missing "The Arctic Blast" that will be talked about (in Portland) for years to come I'm sure. They'll all be saying "where were you when the ice and snow hit back in 2008?" And you'll be able to say, "Kenya!" Nice.
Keep us posted.
Love, Keren
Post a Comment